First, let me state up front that although I am part of the field testing team and Pro-Staff team for Runcl my views are my own and I will always share my honest, upfront opinions of any gear I review with my readers and youtube channel followers.
The Runcl senko style trick worm comes in their new "Anchor Box", a nice plastic Plano style tackle box which keeps the worms separated to avoid color bleed. The worms are salt impregnated to ensure good buoyancy while fishing. The worms are also scented with a nice anise scent which along with garlic are my two favorite scents for bass fishing.
The worm is designed with a flat tail and ribbed body with recess for texas rigging of the worm. Although in the picture above I chose a wide gap #4 hook, I have since switched to a #3 standard gap offset hook when texas rigging, and a #2 finesse hook when wacky rigging. I have not yet tried using a jig head as the opportunity has not yet arisen.
On my first trip out it just honestly was not the day to fish this type of bait, though I spent a good hour and a half fishing this particular worm I ended up switching to a Runcl lipless crankbait and proceeded to have an epic round catching crappie of all things (which made for a great night of fish tacos).
Since this post is not covering the lipless crankbait I will continue my review of the Runcl trick worms.
The worms come in a variety of colors to suit almost everyone's needs, though I immediately went for the green pumpkin color, and plan on using the black one as well as they are my goto colors for soft plastics when fishing Alabama waters.
The only downside I could possibly come up with for this particular soft plastic is the length, it was a little on the small side for what I personally prefer to fish with. These worms are roughly 5.5" long and for my preference, I like a 6 - 8" worm. Again, this is just a personal preference and I can guarantee it will have almost zero effect on one's ability to land some good fish.
I have a short video review available to watch on my youtube channel should one be interested.
Overall this is another great product by Runcl. Runcl continues to prove that you do not have to spend a fortune on your gear in order to enjoy the sport of fishing. Their business model which cuts out the middleman and the retail chains allows them to sell a good quality product at a very low price. I recommend giving their products a shot.
Coming up we will be testing the Runcl wake baits and Runcl Grim I 5000 spinning reel. Stay tuned...
To purchase this product direct from Runcl click this link which takes you to their Amazon store, use this coupon code for 10% off your order! KYAKCONT
The Runcl senko style trick worm comes in their new "Anchor Box", a nice plastic Plano style tackle box which keeps the worms separated to avoid color bleed. The worms are salt impregnated to ensure good buoyancy while fishing. The worms are also scented with a nice anise scent which along with garlic are my two favorite scents for bass fishing.
The worm is designed with a flat tail and ribbed body with recess for texas rigging of the worm. Although in the picture above I chose a wide gap #4 hook, I have since switched to a #3 standard gap offset hook when texas rigging, and a #2 finesse hook when wacky rigging. I have not yet tried using a jig head as the opportunity has not yet arisen.
On my first trip out it just honestly was not the day to fish this type of bait, though I spent a good hour and a half fishing this particular worm I ended up switching to a Runcl lipless crankbait and proceeded to have an epic round catching crappie of all things (which made for a great night of fish tacos).
Since this post is not covering the lipless crankbait I will continue my review of the Runcl trick worms.
The worms come in a variety of colors to suit almost everyone's needs, though I immediately went for the green pumpkin color, and plan on using the black one as well as they are my goto colors for soft plastics when fishing Alabama waters.
The only downside I could possibly come up with for this particular soft plastic is the length, it was a little on the small side for what I personally prefer to fish with. These worms are roughly 5.5" long and for my preference, I like a 6 - 8" worm. Again, this is just a personal preference and I can guarantee it will have almost zero effect on one's ability to land some good fish.
I have a short video review available to watch on my youtube channel should one be interested.
Overall this is another great product by Runcl. Runcl continues to prove that you do not have to spend a fortune on your gear in order to enjoy the sport of fishing. Their business model which cuts out the middleman and the retail chains allows them to sell a good quality product at a very low price. I recommend giving their products a shot.
Coming up we will be testing the Runcl wake baits and Runcl Grim I 5000 spinning reel. Stay tuned...
To purchase this product direct from Runcl click this link which takes you to their Amazon store, use this coupon code for 10% off your order! KYAKCONT


Comments
Post a Comment